What are reward points & how do I earn / transfer them?
LiveWire reward points are points that may be transferred to other LiveWire members. However, you need to be aware that if you transfer too many points, you will decrease in rank accordingly. It should also be noted that reward points earned through donations to LiveWire cannot be transferred to other members.
How do I earn reward points?
How do I transfer reward points?
- Greeting New Members: Each reply or message to a new member will earn you 1 point. The member must have joined in the last week, be online at the time you send the private message, and you must have been active for 3 days to earn the points. A maximum of 3 points (1 greeting / 2 replies) can be earned per new member.
- Link To LiveWire: If you link to LiveWire on your blog or website, you will earn 40 points. You may submit up to 5 websites, but they must come from different domain names (free web hosting/peer networking sites, etc. being the exception to the rule).
- Bebo/MySpace Friending: If you are kind enough to add LiveWire to your Bebo or MySpace friend's list, you will earn 25 reward points.
- Link To Mood Indicator: If you place the mood indicator on your website or blog, you will earn 40 points. There is no submission limit, but they must come from different domain names.
- LiveWire Donations: Each dollar you donate to LiveWire will earn you 10 to 15 points.
- LiveWire Referrals: Each member you refer to LiveWire will earn you up to 100 points. You earn 1 reward point for each post they make until they reach 100 posts.
- Mood Changes: Each time you change your LiveWire mood through the quicklist, you will earn 1 point. The maximum is 1 point per two hour period.
- Winning Contests: If you rank 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a LiveWire contest you will earn a variable amount of points.
- Manager Positions: Some manager positions (FAQ/Holiday/Contest/Dictionary/Quiz) earn monthly reward points for their services.
- eHelp Replies: Each eHelp Center reply made will earn you 25 points. If you are lucky enough to be rated, you can earn up to 5 more, depending on the rating you are given by the recipient.
- Rating eHelps: Each eHelp you are nice enough to rate will earn you 1 point.
- Weekly eHelp Competition: If you come 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the weekly competition for the most supportive Support Leader, you will earn 15 to 50 points.
- Weekly Novice Competition: If you come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the weekly competition for the Support Leader with the greatest novice retention, you will earn 15 to 50 points.
To transfer reward points, please follow these steps:
Note: All transfers are final, no exceptions!
- First, go the the user's profile that you wish to give points to.
- Once there, look to the far right directly above the person's avatar.
- You'll notice a small box that has the text "Actions" inside of it.
- When clicked, a drop down menu will appear, with one of the options being "Transfer Points."
- Clicking that option will take you to the point transfer page.
[ Written by davjs ] [ View All FAQs ] [ Write Your Own FAQ ]