LiveWire Network Peer Answers Peer Support Teen Forums Tech Forums College Forums 171 users online 275509 members 31 active today Advertise Here Sign In
TeenCollegeTechPhotos | Quizzes | LiveSecret | Memberlist | Dictionary | FAQ
You have 1 new message.
Emergency Help
Until you sign up you can't do much. Yes, it's free.

Sign Up Now
Membername:
Password:
Already have an account?
Invite Friends
Active Members
Groups
Contests
Moderators
0 online / 0 MPM
Fresh Topics
  LiveWire / Teen Forums / Health, Hygiene & Fitness / Viewing Topic

Menstrual cup brands
Replies: 50Last Post Oct. 14, 2016 4:44am by AprilMartinez
Welcome to LiveWire!
We're Stronger Together.
Join the Community
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Next » Email Print Favorite
( hearts not broken  )



Patron
Reply
Does anyone else here use menstrual cups? What brands have you had success with?

I have been using a Divacup for over a year, and I must say I really love what it has done for me - it's so much nicer than using tampons and pads. However I am finding I am not totally satisfied with it, and am looking to explore other options - the tiny rim holes are a real pain to keep clean, as is the hollow tube stem, and I find the silicone to be rather too stiff for me, as it's really uncomfortable, sometimes even painful to remove.

Recommendations?


1:49 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: Jan. 2009 | Days Active: 1,235
Join to learn more about hearts not broken Germany | Posts: 11,853 | Points: 32,386
LiveWire Humor
tell me again


paper things

Patron
Reply
Wow, I never knew such a thing existed. Now I know!

-------
I'm already ancient.

3:46 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: June 2006 | Days Active: 2,248
Join to learn more about tell me again Australia | Label Free Female | Posts: 39,372 | Points: 56,798
( hearts not broken  )



Patron
Reply
Quote: from tell me again at 3:46 am on Sep. 26, 2015

Wow, I never knew such a thing existed. Now I know!

Definitely worth a try. Kinda pricey upfront, but you save a lot on tampons/pads... or at least I have, because I would go through a lot of them.


3:52 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: Jan. 2009 | Days Active: 1,235
Join to learn more about hearts not broken Germany | Posts: 11,853 | Points: 32,386
tell me again


paper things

Patron
Reply
Hmm... I don't like the idea of having to wash them...

-------
I'm already ancient.

4:00 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: June 2006 | Days Active: 2,248
Join to learn more about tell me again Australia | Label Free Female | Posts: 39,372 | Points: 56,798
PollyPocket


Wealthy Hobo
Reply
I know there's also the Moon Cup and Softcup.

I've only ever tried the Softcup, and wasn't a fan (but I think I wasn't big enough yet, I was still very young -- early teens)...but even now, I'd rather just use tampons, especially with my periods because I only have to use a few a day since my flow is pretty light thanks to my friend the pill.

-------
Pa la la la Polly ;)


4:07 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: Jan. 2013 | Days Active: 435
Join to learn more about PollyPocket New York, United States | Straight Female | Posts: 1,649 | Points: 5,894
R y a n


Connoisseur
Reply
I buy the soft cup two count, two packs off of amazon and I buy three of them so that I have a years worth at a time.

-------
Why are Ally and Transgendered under sexuality?

5:09 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: July 2015 | Days Active: 36
Join to learn more about R y a n Maryland, United States | Queer Female | Posts: 176 | Points: 6,737
JennyColada



Patron
Support Leader
Reply
Quote: from R y a n at 5:09 am on Sep. 26, 2015

I buy the soft cup two count, two packs off of amazon and I buy three of them so that I have a years worth at a time.

So you only use it for the one cycle then you toss it? Why not just use one for...however long?

-------
So when you're happy (Hurray!), or sad (Aw!),
Or frightened (Eeek!), or mad (Rats!)
An interjection starts a sentence right.

5:31 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: July 2002 | Days Active: 3,369
Join to learn more about JennyColada California, United States | Bi-curious Female | Posts: 97,608 | Points: 213,684
embracethehate


super cool

Patron
Reply
I've been using the diva cup for a year or so? It's pretty great.  I haven't had problems.

But try other brands. Moon cup seems popular

Post edited at 6:44 am on Sep. 26, 2015 by embracethehate

-------
actual faerie princess


6:44 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: April 2006 | Days Active: 1,820
Join to learn more about embracethehate Kentucky, United States | Label Free | Posts: 49,639 | Points: 38,404
PollyPocket


Wealthy Hobo
Reply
Quote: from JennyColada at 8:31 am on Sep. 26, 2015

Quote: from R y a n at 5:09 am on Sep. 26, 2015

I buy the soft cup two count, two packs off of amazon and I buy three of them so that I have a years worth at a time.

So you only use it for the one cycle then you toss it? Why not just use one for...however long?

Because I think it's the most flexible out of all the cup options available. I remember it being very flexible, but I also remember having trouble getting it in just like I used to have issues getting applicator free tampons in...but it was never uncomfortable trying.

-------
Pa la la la Polly ;)


6:48 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: Jan. 2013 | Days Active: 435
Join to learn more about PollyPocket New York, United States | Straight Female | Posts: 1,649 | Points: 5,894
JennyColada



Patron
Support Leader
Reply
Quote: from PollyPocket at 6:48 am on Sep. 26, 2015

Quote: from JennyColada at 8:31 am on Sep. 26, 2015

Quote: from R y a n at 5:09 am on Sep. 26, 2015

I buy the soft cup two count, two packs off of amazon and I buy three of them so that I have a years worth at a time.
 
 So you only use it for the one cycle then you toss it? Why not just use one for...however long?

Because I think it's the most flexible out of all the cup options available. I remember it being very flexible, but I also remember having trouble getting it in just like I used to have issues getting applicator free tampons in...but it was never uncomfortable trying.



I meant, like, I thought they were reusable. So should it be one and done?

-------
So when you're happy (Hurray!), or sad (Aw!),
Or frightened (Eeek!), or mad (Rats!)
An interjection starts a sentence right.

6:50 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: July 2002 | Days Active: 3,369
Join to learn more about JennyColada California, United States | Bi-curious Female | Posts: 97,608 | Points: 213,684
tell me again


paper things

Patron
Reply
Hmm maybe I will try :O

-------
I'm already ancient.

6:54 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: June 2006 | Days Active: 2,248
Join to learn more about tell me again Australia | Label Free Female | Posts: 39,372 | Points: 56,798
PollyPocket


Wealthy Hobo
Reply
Quote: from JennyColada at 9:50 am on Sep. 26, 2015

Quote: from PollyPocket at 6:48 am on Sep. 26, 2015

Quote: from JennyColada at 8:31 am on Sep. 26, 2015

Quote: from R y a n at 5:09 am on Sep. 26, 2015

I buy the soft cup two count, two packs off of amazon and I buy three of them so that I have a years worth at a time.

  So you only use it for the one cycle then you toss it? Why not just use one for...however long?

 

 Because I think it's the most flexible out of all the cup options available. I remember it being very flexible, but I also remember having trouble getting it in just like I used to have issues getting applicator free tampons in...but it was never uncomfortable trying.



I meant, like, I thought they were reusable. So should it be one and done?

The reusable ones are good for 1 cycle.

-------
Pa la la la Polly ;)


7:12 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: Jan. 2013 | Days Active: 435
Join to learn more about PollyPocket New York, United States | Straight Female | Posts: 1,649 | Points: 5,894
tell me again


paper things

Patron
Reply
When I looked it up just then it said years
Plus if it's medical grade silicon, it's totally hygienic and safe for a long time.

-------
I'm already ancient.

7:43 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: June 2006 | Days Active: 2,248
Join to learn more about tell me again Australia | Label Free Female | Posts: 39,372 | Points: 56,798
DarkDreamer


Dairy Product Addict
Reply
I've never heard or seen such a thing and it sounds gross.

7:59 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: Jan. 2015 | Days Active: 374
Join to learn more about DarkDreamer | Posts: 768 | Points: 4,536
PollyPocket


Wealthy Hobo
Reply
Quote: from tell me again at 10:43 am on Sep. 26, 2015

When I looked it up just then it said years
Plus if it's medical grade silicon, it's totally hygienic and safe for a long time.

The Softcup? They definitely aren't good for years.

Classic menstrual cups can be used for years, but the Softcup is pretty much a disposable thing.

-------
Pa la la la Polly ;)


8:28 am on Sep. 26, 2015 | Joined: Jan. 2013 | Days Active: 435
Join to learn more about PollyPocket New York, United States | Straight Female | Posts: 1,649 | Points: 5,894
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Next » Email Print Favorite

Quick Reply

You are signed in as our guest.

Looking for something else?
 

  LiveWire / Teen Forums / Health, Hygiene & Fitness / Viewing Topic