LiveWire Network Peer Answers Peer Support Teen Forums Tech Forums College Forums 175 users online 271786 members 226 active today Advertise Here Sign In
TeenCollegeTechPhotos | Quizzes | LiveSecret | Memberlist | Dictionary | FAQ
You have 1 new message.
Emergency Help
Until you sign up you can't do much. Yes, it's free.

Sign Up Now
Membername:
Password:
Already have an account?
Invite Friends
Active Members
Groups
Contests
Moderators
4 online / 6 MPM
Passover (14th-28th)
Fresh Topics
  LiveWire / Teen Forums / Film, Television & Performance Art / Viewing Topic

Pans Labrynth
Replies: 6Last Post Mar. 12, 2012 10:41am by analparade
Welcome to LiveWire!
We're Stronger Together.
Join the Community
Single page for this topic Email Print Favorite
( Kaijuu  )


Ice King

Patron
Reply
Can someone tell me how this movie critiques on fascism?
Because I have no idea. I don't even know what that question is asking me and I have to figure it out for a class discussion tomorrow.

This class is so frustrating.

-------
Why abstain, why jump in line? We're all living on borrowed time
So do what you like, and like what you do when you you do it
and if they don't that's fine
fuc* em.


9:32 am on Mar. 12, 2012 | Joined: Oct. 2008 | Days Active: 657
Join to learn more about Kaijuu Florida, United States | Label Free Female | Posts: 26,041 | Points: 33,506
LiveWire Humor
the raven


cats & rabbits

Patron
Reply
I can only say this: I fucking hate when people look that deeply into movie meanings.

9:33 am on Mar. 12, 2012 | Joined: Mar. 2007 | Days Active: 1,092
Join to learn more about the raven Iceland | Posts: 78,424 | Points: 80,388
Wilder

Connoisseur of Hallucination

Patron
Reply
Quote: from the raven at 10:33 am on Mar. 12, 2012

I can only say this: I fucking hate when people look that deeply into movie meanings.
You didn't think that having the main antagonist be her fascist military commander of a father brutally hunting down, torturing, and killing anti-fascist revolutionaries while similarly repressing his wife and daughter with his cold, authoritarian manner was a direct commentary on fascism in Spain? That one doesn't seem like a deep stretch to me.

-------
In so far as the word "knowledge" has any meaning, the world is knowable;
but it is interpretable otherwise,
it has no meaning behind it, but countless meanings.
-Nietzsche

9:52 am on Mar. 12, 2012 | Joined: Dec. 2005 | Days Active: 2,324
Join to learn more about Wilder Colorado, United States | Gay Male | Posts: 16,521 | Points: 40,591
the raven


cats & rabbits

Patron
Reply
Quote: from Wilder at 12:52 pm on Mar. 12, 2012

Quote: from the raven at 10:33 am on Mar. 12, 2012

I can only say this: I fucking hate when people look that deeply into movie meanings.
You didn't think that having the main antagonist be her fascist military commander of a father brutally hunting down, torturing, and killing anti-fascist revolutionaries while similarly repressing his wife and daughter with his cold, authoritarian manner was a direct commentary on fascism in Spain? That one doesn't seem like a deep stretch to me.

Wasn't he her stepfather?

Anyway, I'm not well-versed on Spains history of fascism. I just enjoyed the movie. But my comment was more in a general sense.


Also, OP, I think you just got your answer ;)


9:55 am on Mar. 12, 2012 | Joined: Mar. 2007 | Days Active: 1,092
Join to learn more about the raven Iceland | Posts: 78,424 | Points: 80,388
Wilder

Connoisseur of Hallucination

Patron
Reply
Quote: from the raven at 10:55 am on Mar. 12, 2012

Quote: from Wilder at 12:52 pm on Mar. 12, 2012

Quote: from the raven at 10:33 am on Mar. 12, 2012

I can only say this: I fucking hate when people look that deeply into movie meanings.
You didn't think that having the main antagonist be her fascist military commander of a father brutally hunting down, torturing, and killing anti-fascist revolutionaries while similarly repressing his wife and daughter with his cold, authoritarian manner was a direct commentary on fascism in Spain? That one doesn't seem like a deep stretch to me.

Wasn't he her stepfather?

Anyway, I'm not well-versed on Spains history of fascism. I just enjoyed the movie. But my comment was more in a general sense.


That he was/that makes more sense.

-------
In so far as the word "knowledge" has any meaning, the world is knowable;
but it is interpretable otherwise,
it has no meaning behind it, but countless meanings.
-Nietzsche

9:58 am on Mar. 12, 2012 | Joined: Dec. 2005 | Days Active: 2,324
Join to learn more about Wilder Colorado, United States | Gay Male | Posts: 16,521 | Points: 40,591
Cosmo Brown

1952-2012

Patron
Reply
Quote: from the raven at 9:33 am on Mar. 12, 2012

I can only say this: I fucking hate when people look that deeply into movie meanings.

I can only say this:  you're not a film major, like me.  That's why you "fucking hate" it.

-------
Come on with the rain, I've a smile on my face.

Moses supposes his toeses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously.
Latest review: THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1939)

10:23 am on Mar. 12, 2012 | Joined: April 2008 | Days Active: 687
Join to learn more about Cosmo Brown France | Straight Female | Posts: 25,214 | Points: 30,330
analparade

Technician
Reply
Quote: from n0s4a2 at 10:23 am on Mar. 12, 2012

Quote: from the raven at 9:33 am on Mar. 12, 2012

I can only say this: I fucking hate when people look that deeply into movie meanings.

I can only say this: you're not a film major, like me. That's why you "fucking hate" it.


10:41 am on Mar. 12, 2012 | Joined: Mar. 2012 | Days Active: 14
Join to learn more about analparade Australia | Posts: 136 | Points: 277
Single page for this topic Email Print Favorite

Quick Reply

You are signed in as our guest.

Looking for something else?
 

  LiveWire / Teen Forums / Film, Television & Performance Art / Viewing Topic