What is the SL review?
All SLs are expected to give support consistently. SL reviews are our system of checking that everyone is doing their job.
Who conducts the SL review?
SL reviews are conducted by the moderation team. Which moderator reviews you is determined mostly at random, but we do take steps to ensure that nobody is reviewed by a moderator with a bias towards or against them.
When will I be reviewed?
There are two reviews each year; one in January and one in July. Depending on the outcomes of these reviews, you may be subject to additional reviews.
What happens when I'm reviewed?
A moderator will look at your eHelp replies and replies in the support forums since your last review. They will then assign you a rating which will be noted on your profile.
- Excellent - You're doing a truly outstanding job.
- Good - What you're doing is great. While you could still improve, you're already doing a lot.
- Okay - This is the lowest 'pass' rating. You're doing enough, but it would be great to see some more.
- Borderline - You're not doing enough. If you don't receive a rating of 'okay' or above at the next review, you'll be demoted.
- On Probation - Again, you're not doing enough. This is a bit more complicated: see the section below, 'What happens if I'm put on probation?'
What happens if I'm put on probation?
After being placed on probation you will have one month to make improvements. You will then be reviewed again on the basis of what you've done during that time. The moderator conducting the review will give you another rating, and what happens next depends on what that rating is.
- Okay or above - Your improvement will be noted and you're in the clear until the next review of all the SLs.
- Borderline - You'll be given one more month to make improvements and will be reviewed again after that time. If you don't achieve a status of 'Okay' or above, you'll be demoted.
- On probation - You will be demoted.
I have personal circumstances which make it difficult for me to give support right now - will that be taken into account?
If you have personal circumstances which impact your ability to give support or be active on the site, it's up to you to tell us about them. If you do and we agree that it's a valid reason, then we'll work with you to enable you to keep your status until such time as you can return to the site.
Post edited at 10:42 am on Sep. 14, 2009 by Periwinkle
Alas! The world is cruel. More wine?
If we wish to avoid folly we must seek a different planet.