LiveWire Network Peer Answers Peer Support Teen Forums Tech Forums College Forums 174 users online 273176 members 139 active today Advertise Here Sign In
TeenCollegeTechPhotos | Quizzes | LiveSecret | Memberlist | Dictionary | FAQ
You have 1 new message.
Emergency Help
Until you sign up you can't do much. Yes, it's free.

Membername:
Password:
Already have an account?
Invite Friends
Active Members
Groups
Contests
Moderators
1 online / 10 MPM
Bake Cookies
Fresh Topics
  LiveWire / My Forums / Viewing Story

Death at Four
The following story was submitted anonymously on Sep. 18, 2003.
The names have been changed to protect the author's privacy.

My friend Nancy had a younger brother Edward, who had suffered from Leukemia ever since birth. †For those who don't know, Leukemia is a cancer of the blood....it's not hereditary, and you can't catch it.

When I was 12, I got home and found a friend of Nancy's, Rose, sitting at the kitchen table, crying. †I rushed inside, and asked her what was wrong. †She said:

"We got a phone call from Nancy's parents this afternoon, Edward died a few hours ago"

I was so shocked, I couldn't believe what was happening. †At first, the news didn't really sink in. †I sat there, numb, shaking as tears poured down my cheeks. †After Rose left, the reality of what had happened hit me, and I stormed upstairs, crying and screaming. †I sat in my room for hours, with music playing, whilst I tried to come to terms with what happened.

I went to school the next day. †My parents said it would be better, and made me go, but wrote a note to my teachers. †I told a few friends what had happened, and tried to be brave. †But, by 11:00, I couldn't hold it in any longer. †I burst into tears in the loo's at break, and didn't stop crying for half an hour!

I stayed at school for the whole day, but I couldn't concentrate, and luckily teachers knew what had happened.

I went to Edward's funeral about a week later, and it was really sad. †That was my first experience with death, and my life has not been the same since.

[ Read More Stories ] [ Submit Your Own Story ]